Random Dice Roll Challenge
Problem description :
- The first digit represents the number of dices.
- The second digit represents the number of sides.
The returned value would be the sum of the dice.
For example, if the string argument was 1d6, I would expect a resulting random number 1-6. If the argument was 3d6, 3 six sided dice would be rolled with the result being a random number 3-18.
- The function must be able to roll dice for any number of sides (2-100).
- The function must be able to roll any number of dice (1-1000).
- The function return the sum of the dice.
- Your code must handle and sanitize bad user input gracefully.
Input : A string // 1d6
Output : A number // One possible output 6
- If the input string is valid
- Then parse the input string and get the number of sides for a dice and number of dices.
- Else warn the user and exit the function.
- Find out the given numbers are in the specified range. If not then warn the user and exit the function.
- If not then iterate over the number of dices
- Generate a random number in the range of number od sides and sum those numbers.